Day 4 - ice, ice, baby

 Oh boy!! It was cold in Amarillo in the morning! Frost on the grass made walking crunchy. Poor Knarley didn’t know how to walk on it. He high-stepped it & wasn’t happy. I’m so sorry I didn’t get him a coat. He was freezing. 

There was a light drizzle going on which made the car ice over. Of course, not living in cold weather for 40 years, I completely forgot the part about warming up the car. 🤪 So I put the hubby & the already cold dog into a freezing car. Oops! Wrapped Knarley in my jacket, which helped a bit. Unfortunately, his day didn’t get better & gave him a sedative after a while. That helped. 

I drove this whole leg today. Light rain off & on, but it warmed up to a whopping 40 degrees, so no ice on the road. Listened to the Michigan game on the radio ~ Go Blue!!

There was a heated outdoor pool at the hotel ~ the steam looked so cool rising up. Had a take out dinner from the restaurant on site.Toto, we aren’t in CA any more… team roping on TV! We watched some football & hit the sack. 

Goodnight all. 







Comments

Popular Posts